Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Where did we land?


Oh the places we've been...
 So, the weather outside is frightful. Alright, maybe it's not there yet, but seriously - we're dealing with a 60 degree drop overnight - have a little sympathy for us ;)  Really though...we are in the South right? I heard it's only in the 30's in Florida. What the heck is going on with the weather?  We weren't equipped for this. Mike stepped off the plane in cargo shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt. That didn't really cut it for 26 degrees...thank goodness for four extra t-shirts in his carry on that he proceeded to layer on, and of course, the beard.

Speaking of, we successfully made it through America's security after a suspicious review of Mike's passport photo (the JFK Jr. version) and a "that's you?" I informed him that we just spent three months in Costa Rica without a razor. He laughed and added that Mike reminded him of Tom Hanks in Castaway.

After a two hour trip to Matt's house, I got my fill of driving. Stupid me, decided to call shotgun on driving the first stretch of our road trip to CT when we were still in Costa Rica and driving was something I missed. Mike and Matt haven't forgotten.  So I guess I'll get an overdose soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment