Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 86: 'Twas two weeks before Christmas...

And we laid on the beach. (I thought of continuing the rhyme but it seemed really cheesy so I thought it best to not.)



Anyways, we made it to the beach for the last time of our trip and of the year for that matter. We extended the summer for as long as we could. Now it’s time to return to the cold, harsh reality that awaits our return. Rather than focus on that, we’ve been listing off things we’re looking forward to; family, friends, Marley, kitties, hearing English, dryers, my Keurig...

Mike listed off the restaurants we'll be hitting up in no particular order: Pizza Shoppe, The Whistle Stop, Osaka, Buffalo Wild Wings...I’m sure the list could continue but he stopped there. Other than pizza, the only craving I’ve had is Indian food. I’m looking forward to some tikka masala and garlic naan from somewhere and plan on it as soon as we land. Matt’s convinced the south doesn’t have Indian food, I’m convinced I’ll find one.

It's a little nerve racking but still exciting to return to the unknown. Our employment, our home, our next step, is all up in the air. (Don’t think we haven’t been working on it, but I have a feeling it’s gonna be a bit easier when we’re home.) I’m convinced it’ll work out. We had good intentions with our trip; to take advantage of the opportunity that probably wouldn’t be around for long, to add to our travel and life experiences, to enjoy each other and ourselves, and for me, it was to explore a personal goal I had pushed off to the side and regretted with each day that passed. With 200 pages worth of blog material (book pages, not 8.5 x11) and 233 pages of some other stuff, I’d say the inspiration was found. I’ve committed myself to daily writing and I don’t intend to stop.

So I’ll leave this entry by screwing up a quote I once read. I can't remember it verbatim but you'll get the point.


"If you wait until the right time to do what you want to do, you’ll end up doing a whole lot of nothing…"


Made sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment